Fun facts about Expense Reports
Did you know –
– The average tab for a meal worldwide is $39 while dining alone
– New York generates the most T&E expense reports than any other state, most of it coming from the NYC area
– Dining accounts for 10-17% of the $$ value on an average expense report
– Entertainment (group meals/customer meals etc.) account for a typical 6% of an expense report
– US Travelers spend surprisingly 4% more on cabs than on rental cars in a year
– Ground transportation accounts for 5% of the average expense account
– For US companies, business travel to Europe is on the average 7% more expensive than to any other part of the world
– The most expensive cab fare is in Vancouver, an average of $73. In the US, San Jose is the highest at $51
– Hotel room rates are on an average 14% more expensive in Europe than the US
– NYC is # 1 among cities visited for business travel
– Laundry and meals are the two main expense types areas that see expense fraud
Some of these we found online, some were submitted by our readers. Do you have other T&E trivia to share? Send us an email (email@example.com) and we will add to the list.
Not surprised that NYC is the top business travel city. Probably the top tourist city too. I did not know that US travelers spend more on cabs than rentals. I wonder if the rental car companies know that!
Our trips to Europe have drastically reduced because of the cost and more significantly, the European market condition. But these facts are revealing.
@ Sharon – Thanks for the note
@ Frank – Yes, the European market condition is on everyone’s mind